- Don't buy clothes that are 2x times too big. You may think they'll help you pass, but it only looks like you're playing dress-up in your dad's or boyfriend's clothes. Find fitted, but loose clothing. If clothes in the men's section are too big, look in the boys' section. Most of the time you'll find very similar clothes without looking like you're playing dress-up.
- Tailoring clothing is another option if the boys' clothes are too childish or you need a more professional/mature look.
- Most of the time you can get away with wearing a hat to hide long hair, but you can't wear a hat 24/7. Finding a hairstyle that suits you face without accentuating softer feature will help you pass. Not all hairstyles work for everyone, and you may have to ask barbers to see what they recommend (or don't recommend if you're not out). Pixie cuts also work for guys who are in the closet, but you may have to find a way to style it differently.
- Googling pictures of men's hairstyles or looking in books or magazines will also give you an idea of what's trending.
- The biggest thing is walking with confidence, and taking up space. Don't be a douche about it, but walk with a purpose, even if you have no purpose.
- When walking, imagine there's a line in front of you, and you have to take your steps on either side of that line. Whereas women, would want to walk ON the line (like a tightrope), men walk on either side of the line.